Covid-19 Resources and Services
This information will be updated as developments occur.
Elkhart County Health Department
Public Health Order No. 01-2020
Face Covering Mandate
On June 29th, the Elkhart County Health Department issued a Face Covering Mandate effective on June 30th, 2020. There is an FAQ available to learn more (español) and a sign is available to be posted at places of business (español). The mandate requires that a resident wear a face mask at all indoor areas open to the public, outdoor areas where a distance of 6 feet cannot be maintained from individuals outside one's household, and private indoor/outdoor areas where a distance of 6 feet cannot be maintain from individuals outside one's household. The Nappanee Public Library encourages all customers visiting the library to wear a mask or face covering and maintain social distancing whenever possible while in the library.
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic,
The Nappanee Public Library will be observing recommendations for social distancing and modifying offered services accordingly.
All Library programs and events have been reformatted to occur on social media or via other online platforms, such as Zoom.
For access to our eMedia, click here!
NPL is offering Curbside Pickup. For more information, click here.
Beginning June 1, NPL will be open regular hours.
Some services may be adjusted to comply with social distancing guidelines.
Health and Safety
- All returned materials will be "quarantined" for at least 72 hours.
Building Capacity (Effective June 1)
- A maximum of 60 customers will be allowed in the building at any given time.
- Each area of the library will have its own capacity limit. Staff will monitor the number of people in the building.
- One meeting room will be available with a maximum capacity of 15.
- The library will continue to sanitize and disinfect surfaces and other high-touch areas regularly, throughout the day
- Computer keyboards and mice will be covered with a disposable wrap that will be changed between each customer
- The library's cleaning services will be visiting several times per week to clean and disinfect surfaces and other high-touch areas
- The library will continue to provide protective equipment to staff to use when handling library materials or interacting with customers.
- Plexiglass shields are installed at frequently used service points
- Social Distancing will be enforced at all times
- Customers are encouraged to wear masks when visiting the library.
Please remember we have limited hours and access to keep customers and staff safe and to stop the spread of Covid-19. We will continue to refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Indiana Governor, Eric Holcomb for recommendations and tips on keeping everyone safe and healthy.
Any updates and changes we make will be communicated to the public as soon as possible through our social media channels and our website (nappaneelibrary.org). We are forever grateful for your kind words, patience, and understanding.