NPL Curbside Pickup
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Curbside Pickup?
Curbside Pickup is a service NPL will provide to all current cardholders. Simply “order” materials and an NPL staff member will gather the materials. put them in bags, and bring them out to your vehicle.
When will Curbside Pickup be available?
Pick up is available when the library is open.
Please allow staff 24 hours to complete your order.
How do you request materials for Curbside Pickup?
Customers can request materials 5 different ways:
- Sign in to our online catalog with your library card and pin, browse the catalog and add items to your cart to check out. An NPL staff member will collect your items and call you when they are ready to be picked up.
- Email email@example.com. Please include your name, library card number, contact information and recommended pick up time. A staff member will collect your items and call or email you when they are ready to be picked up.
- Call 574.773.7919 and talk to a staff member. Please remember to tell the staff member your name, library card number, and contact information. A staff member will collect your items and contact you when they are ready to be picked up.
- Send us a message on Facebook. Staff will be available to check messages periodically. Please include your library card number and contact information.
- Stop by and grab a paper request. Please include your name, library card number, and contact information. Drop the form into the drop box or give it a staff member. Someone will review the form and collect your items then contact you when they are ready to be picked up.
What can you request?
Customers can borrow books, DVDs, CDs, Magazines, and Audiobooks, and Mobile Hotspots. Equipment other than hotspots is not available at this time. Wireless Printing is also available. Print and pay from home and pickup your paperwork at the library! Visit Wireless Printing for more information.
How do you pick items up?
The first 2 parking spots on the North side of the Library’s main parking lot, facing Walnut St. are designated for picking up materials. Simply pull up and park (or wait) in a parking spot. Call 574.773.7919 and tell a staff member what spot you are in.
When you arrive to pick materials please be ready with your name and library card. Only the cardholder, or someone linked to the cardholder, can pick up the requested materials. With regards to the safety of our customers and staff, we maintain safety protocols recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and local and state health departments. If possible, please allow staff to place materials in the trunk or back seat of your vehicle. For more information on the library’s safety protocols, please visit our Covid-19 Resources and Services page.
If you are experiencing a long wait, please call 574.773.7919 and tell a staff member what parking spot you are in.
Anyone who doesn’t have a phone or active email, please talk to a staff member prior to placing your order so we can arrange the best way for Curbside Pickup to work for you!
What is NPL doing to keep staff and customers safe?
- NPL is dedicated to keeping our customers and staff safe and to stop the spread of Covid-19. We will continue to refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Indiana State Department of Health for recommendations and tips for slowing the spread and doing our part to keep the community safe.
- All returned materials will be “quarantined” for at least 72 hours.
- All staff members are required to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer after touching returned materials or emptying the book drop. Staff will wear protective gear while handling these materials.
- Staff and customers are expected to maintain social distancing at all times. ( 6+ feet apart)
For a full list of our Covid-19 Guidelines, Resources, and Services visit our Covid-19 Resources and Services
Please call 574.773.7919, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us on Social Media if you have any questions or concerns.
Any updates and changes we make will be communicated to the public as soon as possible through our social media channels and our website (nappaneelibrary.org). We are forever grateful for your kind words, patience, and understanding.